Malting Company of Ireland Limited, (referred to as “MCI”, “we” or “us”) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected when using this website. This Privacy Statement explains how Malting Company of Ireland Limited collect, store and use your personal data when you browse and www.maltingcompany.ie (the “Website”), and when you provide us with your personal data.
Who we are:
This website is operated by Malting Company of Ireland Limited a company registered in Ireland with registration number 273542 and having its registered office at South Link, Togher, Cork, Ireland and we are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the “Acts”).
How we use the information you provide us:
Information we may collect from you:
You may provide personal data to us, if you choose to:
- purchase products through the Website or over the phone;
- enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting;
- register an account;
- subscribe to any of our services including marketing services to keep you informed about Malting Company of Ireland Limited news, promotions, products and events.;
- request further services marketing / newsletters including by email and sms;
- report a problem with the Website;
- complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although such surveys will not be compulsory)
When you use the Website, we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or device and your activities, including:
- Your IP address
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access
The information you may be requested to provide may include the following:
- Billing and delivery postal addresses
- Phone and fax numbers
- Email addresses
- User names and passwords
- Payment card details
- Browsing and shopping activities
Unsubscribing / Opting Out:
Malting Company of Ireland Limited may use your personal data to notify you by post, phone, email, and SMS about our products and services. Each time you receive marketing information or a message, you have the option to decline to receive further marketing information from us. This is known as an “opt-out”. If you have more than one address or email address please make sure to notify any changes to your preferences for each address or email address you have registered with us. Customers who have registered to shop online on the Website can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by contacting [email protected].
We (or our third party service providers who act on our behalf) may use the personal data you provide us in the following manner:
- To provide you with the requested goods and/or services including but not limited to processing and fulfilling your order and administering promotions such as competitions and prize draws;
- To monitor and improve the services and the Website;
- To manage your marketing preferences;
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order;
- To verify your identity;
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call you on the telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information;
- Market research purposes;
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements;
- In the detection and prevention of fraud; and
- For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations.
Where you have given your consent, we may use your personal data in the following manner:
- From time to time, to inform you by post, email, sms or other available means, of products, services, promotions and special offers from Malting Company of Ireland Limited
We may disclose personal data we collect to third parties in the following manner:
- To administer your account and to disclose your details to our third party service providers for the purpose of processing and fulfilment of your order only.
- We may pass your personal data to other companies to support our business operations, and or audit purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
- We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales and website usage to reputable organisations for research or analysis purposes only. This will not include any data that could identify you.
- We may pass your information to third parties in order to fulfil and/or dispatch your orders. The third party provider may send marketing material within the parcel or by post after fulfilment of your order.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Malting Company of Ireland Limited Group of Companies, which means any of our subsidiaries or our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.